We're on the hunt to find an amazing new team member to welcome to our ever-growing Tom Raffield team.
Job Role: Head of Business Development.
Reporting to: Managing Director.
Responsible for: Business Development, Direct, Contract and Trade Sales Team.
Salary DOE - to include commission.
Established in 2008, Tom Raffield design and make a range of contemporary furniture and lighting that is beautiful in form and practical in function. With wholesale and individual customer bases, each Tom Raffield product is hand-made by a skilled set of craftsmen and individually finished with the care and attention of a fine piece of art. The business has built and continues to build a fantastic reputation within a luxury market.
- Develop and lead a motivated & high achieving sales team.
- Provide inspirational leadership, motivation & co-ordination of the sales and business development team alongside collaborating with the senior management team in order to achieve the strategic goals of the company.
- Develop and deliver the sales teams’ strategic contribution to ensure market share growth whilst maintaining the effective running of the commercial operation throughout the business.
- To contribute and deliver on the commercial implementation of significant business decisions to enable identified strategic growth in line with developing the company brand values Main Duties and Responsibilities Commercial Effectiveness Responsibilities.
- Accountable for the sales performance of the sales and business development team, to include all B2C and B2B.
- Develop and implement commercial strategies in line with the company’s strategic business plan.
- Regularly review sales reports to devise solutions or improvements for the sales and business development team.
- Develop and implement a compelling ‘product of choice’ strategy to drive innovation with key market players, underpinned by data and insight to enable Tom Raffield Ltd to become the brand of choice for both B2C and B2B customers.
- Build strong partner relationships with the support of the business development team in the B2B sector in order to achieve a greater market share at best commercial rates.
- Build on creating strong customer relations within the direct sales team including utilising both existing and new sales pipelines to optimise direct sales growth.
- Set and deliver KPI’s for the sales team ensuring they are understood and can be achieved without compromising on long term relations and development of the business.
- Engage with sectors and customers to anticipate potential business opportunities and implement actions that will position Tom Raffield Ltd with differentiated advantage.
- Lead the sales team to optimise customer experience and conversion rates.
- Develop effective management of customer satisfaction surveys/feedback in collaboration with the Marketing team.
- Partner with Marketing to prepare and deliver optimal programmes of external communication, customer engagement and brand promotion that will contribute to the achievement of Tom Raffield Ltd objectives.
- Assist in setting financial targets, budgets and forecasts. Leadership and Management responsibilities.
- Strategic leadership; head the commercial leadership team, contribute strategically to deliver profitable and relationship management expertise.
- Lead, coach, motivate and develop the sales team, as well as, identify and cultivate skills and new career opportunities.
- Provide line management of direct reports including performance management, development and succession planning of sales team.
- Establish appropriate structures and capability in order to deliver the agreed strategy, plans and budget.
- Set appropriate objectives and key responsibilities to empower and engage cross functional teams.
- Implement operational efficiencies and standards across the sales and business development team.
- Create a dynamic environment which promotes above and beyond performance whilst maintaining a positive morale amongst a team of high achievers.
- Ensure clear communication across the sales teams in line with the Tom Raffield culture and brand values.
- Organise and represent Tom Raffield Ltd at key networking events to raise the company profile.
- Provide detailed departmental information including forecasting to the Senior Management Team and to the board of directors.
- To provide ongoing analysis of the business’ sales performance.
- Create and develop a clear sales strategy which is shared appropriately with cross department teams, with regular reporting and monitoring to ensure successful execution.
- To plan and ensure the commercial success of the business; to support identified short, medium- and long-term business growth.
- To build the future commercial structure of the business to ensure the sales strategy can be delivered effectively through a team of salespeople.
- To build alliances and partnerships with other commercial organisations in line with the business brand values and ethos.
- Identify and analyse strategic challenging situations and occurrences and through collaboration with department leads, provide solutions to ensure continued commercial revenue and growth.
- Develop high quality sales strategies and plans ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the markets and industry of the company and how they will benefit the commercial growth of the company.
- Contribute towards high-level decisions regarding commercial policy and strategy.
- Build strong relationships with key commercial partners and stakeholders and act as a point of contact for important stakeholders.
- To ensure that the business is continually learning, developing and looking for innovation. Providing leadership and work in collaboration which creates a drive for continuous improvement across the entire business.
- Demonstrate a strong focus on setting targets whilst ensuring commercial decisions are true to the brand values and ethos of the company.
- Be able to identify, develop and negotiate business development opportunities true to the brand values and ethos of the company.
- To ensure that we choose partners with appropriate brand values whilst protecting the integrity of our brand.
These responsibilities are essential in a small business where all members of the team are required to work flexibly and help in all and any area during busy periods.
- Oversee various projects which contribute to the company’s strategic growth.
- Provide Project Management to the sales team with cross-department liaison.
The person will:
- Be a real team player, management and building relationships must be at the core of how you work.
- Be a highly effective commercial sales leader, able to lead the delivery of ambitious commercial plans and goals.
- Have proven experience of leadership and management of a small to medium size sales team.
- Have significant experience of leading commercial success in an organisation which has accomplished considerable growth.
- Strong track record of delivering operational excellence and driving financial performance.
- Have experience of leading in a sales environment whilst managing simultaneous projects of varying sizes.
- Proven experience of developing strong partnerships and business development opportunities resulting in pipeline growth.
- Be a strategic thinker with a proven track record of sales delivery.
- Be able to build strong rapport and relationships both internally and externally whilst achieving on brand sustainable results.
- Have a broad understanding of both retail and manufacturing business.
- Ideally have experience within the design industry.
- Be used to delivering on sales targets and KPIs.
- Have the desire to create further opportunity to influence and shape Tom Raffield Ltd.
- Have a successful track record in engaging, developing and empowering a growing sales team.
- Have an analytical brain.
- Have experience of CRM ideally Salesforce.
- Be a first-class communicator who will develop and mange relationships.
- Be qualified to higher education level including Grade C and above in English and Maths or equivalent.
The company is committed to training and supporting employees. Employees will receive training for all areas included in their job description to ensure that they are capable, and feel confident, of performing both main and secondary responsibilities. In addition, it is the employee’s responsibility to alert the Directors and colleagues to areas where they feel they require more training or need the support of another member of the team, to undertake a specific task that may be new, or more challenging, for them.
Once you have decided you would like to work for Tom Raffield Ltd, please complete and email the application form firstname.lastname@example.org. For you application to be considered, please ensure you complete the ‘general comments’ section in as much detail as possible; this will explain why you want to work with us and us work with you.
The closing date for your application is 5pm - Monday 24th June 2019.
Please note, the interview will be held at our current location in the Tremough Innovation Centre, Penryn, Cornwall, TR10 9TA. By the time of appointment, however, the company will have relocated to elsewhere in Falmouth. Further details and location can be requested by email, email@example.com.