Free uk delivery over £50
Free UK RETURNS
WE SHIP INTERNATIONALLY
THE CLUSTER LIGHTING RANGE
Our brand new Cluster Lighting Range offers you the chance to curate your own statement lighting design that’s tailored to your space.
THE COMBER RANGE
Inspired by the power and grace of the Atlantic Ocean, our newest collection ebbs, flows and rolls into your home.
The Tom Raffield chair collection - showcasing steam bent, ergonomic design at its very best.
The Crib Range
Perfect proportions and clarity of purpose, augmented with an unexpected twist
Discover the ever-growing Tom Raffield accessories collection including original storage solutions, light bulbs, practical pieces, gifts and gift vouchers.
Green Range Planters
Discover our exclusive new range of innovative, steam bent indoor planters that celebrate the fusion of traditional craftsmanship and nature.
Chelsea Flower Show 2019
From Cornwall to Kensington our round up of the highlights from Chelsea Flower Show 2019.
Royal Parks Kiosks
Showcasing the amazing talent of our steam bending team who have been working on the new sculptural kiosks located across London's Royal Parks.
What happens when you push your ideas to their limits? Introducing our Grand Design.
You can't spell Tom Raffield without t-e-a-m.
Job Title Workshop Maker – Furniture
Reporting to Workshop Coordinator
Established in 2008, Tom Raffield design and make a range of contemporary furniture and lighting that is beautiful in form and practical in function. With wholesale and individual customer bases, each Tom Raffield product is hand-made by a skilled set of craftsmen and individually finished with the care and attention of a fine piece of art. The business has built and continues to build a fantastic reputation within a luxury market.
To join the Tom Raffield team as a Maker within our furniture workshop. You will make handmade, high-quality steam bent products. This is an exciting, hands-on role, making pieces for Tom Raffield’s high end and discerning customers. To support the business in reaching its full potential and become a household name in the design industry.
• To consistently produce an output of products to meet schedule requirements, quality criteria and expected lead times
• To be part of a team who collaboratively work together to produce and run an efficient, effective, and safe workshop and working environment.
1. Skills, Knowledge and Output
a. Demonstrate and achieve credibility and competency as a maker through continuous steady improvement, progression and competency
b. Aim for an increasing daily product output – targets to be agreed the by Head of Production
c. Demonstrate and assist with workshop activities as instructed by the Workshop Coordinator, Senior/Expert Makers and the Workshop Team Leader
d. Gain relevant product knowledge: product ranges, wood types, components, stages, finishing, common problems, repairs, lead times, production times
e. Have a working knowledge of relevant systems and processes: BOMs, stock, supply chain
f. Work in different parts of the business e.g. Logistics as required and scheduled by the Workshop Coordinator and Head of Production
a. Learn to quality control own work and output products under full supervision of senior colleagues
b. Undertake quality controls activities and techniques as required
3. Scheduling and Productivity
a. Record own timings for each stage of production of each product in the product ranges as required – baseline data against which to aim to improve and for timings to reduce
b. Strive to complete daily schedule as allocated
c. Assist the Workshop team to achieve the daily scheduled output
d. Contribute to Workshop systems and processes to result in efficient working practices
a. Active participation in the induction and skills training programme
b. Undertake all mandatory and skills training as indicated in the review and appraisal process
c. Practice skills with colleagues; learning from others; supporting the learning of colleagues
d. Input data as required into training and competency records as required for the trainee programme
5. Process and Production Improvements
a. Active participation and engagement with the goal of continuous improvement
b. Report issues regarding existing production methodology
c. Aim to improve production timings for all products, within quality criteria tolerances
6. Reporting and Communication
a. Report on any accident, incident or near miss in the Workshop
b. Implement changes to working practices as decided within the risk management process
7. Roles and Responsibilities
a. Ensure all Health and Safety requirements are adhered to by the Workshop team members and visitors to the workshops
b. Work with the Workshop Coordinator to make the workshop as safe a workplace as possible
c. Assist with stock control e.g. carrying out physical stock checks as tasked to do so to ensure stock accuracy
d. Ensure wastage is correctly recorded and reported
e. Participate in daily tasks as required to keep the workshop and the environment a tidy, clean, clear, safe space to work in
f. Undertake any other appropriate work-related tasks as might be required from time to time
The person will
• Have experience in making furniture, using wood as a primary source of material
• Be able to apply previous knowledge and learned skills to our unique workshop environment
• Be able to adapt to unique to methods used in the Tom Raffield Ltd workshop
• Be able to undertake all mandatory skills and training to be able to become fully competent in making the full range of Tom Raffield furniture products
• Have manual dexterity
• Confidence in using both machine- powered and hand-held tools
• The understanding of working to tight deadlines and ability to prioritise tasks
• Pride in any job undertaken
• The determination to strive for the best
• Demonstrate both independence and teamwork, depending on work schedules and commitments
• Keep training up to date; working towards a comprehensive understanding of full product knowledge, including wood types, components, stages, finishes, lead and production times
• Initiative whilst working independently
• Flexibility and ability to prioritise depending on work loads• All Health and Safety rules and regulations to be adhered to
• Awareness of our brand values and apply them whilst at work
• Have a creative mind with strong problem-solving skills
• Ensure all work is accurately executed with meticulous attention to detail
• Be careful and diligent always
• Be able to work in a team and independently, both with equal determination to succeed
• Be able to work independently, manage time effectively and prioritise workload under pressure whilst meeting deadlines
• Able to apply common sense always
• Organised and tidy whilst working
• Take pride and ownership in own work
• Supportive of other team members
• Be hardworking, committed and interested in the challenge of working for an exciting young business experiencing rapid growth.
• 60-50% off all Tom Raffield Ltd lighting products
• 25% off all Tom Raffield Ltd furniture products
• Staff seconds
• Death in service life insurance
• Affiliate discounts with partner companies
• Daily fresh breakfast including fruit
• Employee Service Awards
• Charity/voluntary community service day per year
• Social occasions and food events throughout the year
The company is committed to training and supporting employees. Employees will receive training for all areas included in their job description to ensure that they are capable, and feel confident, of performing both main and secondary responsibilities. In addition, it is the employee’s responsibility to alert the Directors and colleagues to areas where they feel they require more training, or, need the support of another member of the team, to undertake a specific task that may be new, or more challenging, for them.
Once you have decided you would like to work for Tom Raffield Ltd, please complete and email the application form to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. For you application to be considered, please ensure you complete the ‘general comments’ section in as much detail as possible; this will explain why you want to work with us and us work with you.
Download Application Form Here.
All queries to email@example.com